Are you a pet parent on lock-down looking for some boredom-busting activities? Try our recipe for baking healthy, delicious cupcakes for your dog!
Wednesday 1st April 2020
How to make healthy, home-made cupcakes for your dog !
What you will need
- Gluten free self-raising flour
- One large egg
- Dollop of olive oil
- Herbs if you are feeling creative (not chives which are in the onion family – onions are poisonous to dogs)
- One small garlic clove (garlic, although also an allium is fine for dogs in small quantities – it’s even believed to be a good flea deterrent!)
Follow these steps to doggy cake heaven!
- Trim any sinew from the liver and cut into small pieces.
- Pop the liver, egg, oil, herbs and garlic in the blender and give it a good blast. When the mixture is reasonably smooth, tip it out into a mixing bowl and add the flour until the cake mixture is of flap-jack type consistency.
- Spoon your mixture into your cupcake tin lined with paper cases. (You could also use a lined baking tray and then slice up your cake when cooled. Don’t forget to remove the paper before serving!).
- Cook in a preheated oven at about 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes - the time will vary depending on the depth of your cupcakes or tray and how much mixture you have made so keep an eye on it.
- Leave to cool – out of reach of your doggy friends because they will raid it!
- Ice with a dollop of Arden Grange Tasty Liver Treat.